self objectives

 


Hi, I address myself as an audio enthusiast and I'm happy to be involved in this hobby for more than 10 years. I will keep this simple and straight to the point. As to clarify my experience in audio, what I like, and what I want in audio, I like it to be short and sweet.


Since secondary school, I started to find myself to like/love certain earphones and hated some of them. I was able to identify what's good and bad in certain earphones I've listened to. Long story short, I was able to get some fake Beats and liking the b a s s from them. Was dumb and broke about audio and what I knew were only bass and clarity, that's all. As time goes by, I started to have some few bucks to spend on "gaming headphones" and that's the reason why I registered HeadFi (2014). I get myself a new a Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro and the original microphone as well. I thought that was the best I could get ever. A few of years later, I managed to pursue my study to States and this was the pinnacle for me to get more into audio. I started with an Ultrasone Pro 900 and hated it due to sibilance which lead me to the audio journey. Long story short after A LOT of cans; "Audioquest Nighthawk, Fostex TH600, Hifiman HE400i, HD800sdr, yes I forgot a lot of them which I owned (except the HD800sdr is still with me)" I owned, I learnt a lot about pros and cons of this hobby. Price does not fulfill the personal preference. I consider myself lucky as I had a housemate who was also into audio and hence we have so many opportunities to share gears (Also was able to attend a RMAF with him). The Fiio E17k was my dac amp starter kit and followed with a lot more; to name a few, some iFi stacks including Black Label, iCan, Cayin C5, Chord Mojo, etc. This journey ended up me with a Matrix X Sabre as a DAC and Airist Heron 5 as an amp with HD800sdr EQed. This concluded me that I love full bodied, expanded, deep, pinpoint accuracy, no sibilance and emotionally vocal reproduction.


After a few years, I started with a portable audio which lead me to discover in ear monitors. The disappointment towards Moondrop Kanas Pro was an epiphany for me to start spending more and more to find the holy grail in this game. I bought/owned/demoed a lot of IEMs from Campfire Audio Andromeda to Anole VX/KSE1200. I was finding the one that I stated above, this "full bodied, expanded, deep, pinpoint accuracy, no sibilance and emotionally vocal reproduction" and almost none of them could give it to my liking. The one and only IEM that served me almost a year was Sony IER M9 and it was also not perfect my liking. Yes, I back to some mid-fi or even low-fi (if you consider it to be low) for the meantime which carries some of the criteria that I was looking for. I am happy with these but I'm still finding the upgrade that I'm looking for. I will share one of my favs EQ for my HD800sdr (if I feel like to) but, big but... this could not sound the same if you do it on your system unless you have X Sabre and Heron 5 stack (which I plan to review these two in the future). However, it is good to know my preference so you can relate them to my reviews (any kind of reviews which I plan to do more in the near future). For today's post, this is all about it.


Thanks for reading.


Comments